Monday 13 June 2016

Fade in to... Irish Snapchat Queens πŸ‘‘

My Top Nine Irish Snapchatters! As my day-job involves long hours of writing, research, events, planning and creative meetings; most of which are done in front of a computer it can be hard to;

 a) keep myself on track with a blog (but I promise that's going to change!!)
..and
 b) focus on anything too heavy after work...

Image: godfatherstyle.com


Now I love to read as much as I love a good Netflix binge so I'm never short of escapism ideas when there's time, but this past year or so Snapchat has become a real quick and entertaining wee treat in the evenings - just sitting back and seeing what my fave friends, bloggers and celebs have been up to, in less than ten minutes if I'm lucky!

Image: Snapchat



I have a feeling this list will change and update a LOT as snapchat grows, so for now I'll share my Top Irish Snapchat ladies from the wonderful world of business and blogging! Then you can go forth and follow for beautiful, funny and interesting snaps! Please share your faves in the comments and give me some inspiration too! Oh and I'm on @mtotheshields lot's of basic b*tch coffee's, food and dogs but I must say some stunning Donegal scenery crops up too ;)


1. @Retroflame1 - Erika Fox (Retro Flame)


Retroflame Snapchat


Flame-haired Kerry blogger based in NYC, Erika Fox of Retro Flame is my favourite blogger hands-down, and her snapchat just makes you love her even more. Down-to-earth, well traveled (from her incredible family home in Kerry, to Coachella to the streets of NYC!) you'll get attainable fashion, travel tips, and honest advice all curated in an interesting, thoughtful way. She'll make you want to up and leave your daily-life for her living-the-dream blogger career, so be careful (she's worked her way there!)



2. @eimearvb - Eimear Varian Barry 

Eimear Varian Barry Instagram

Cork Native based in the UK, Eimear VB is awesome, and I hate that word so I don't use it liberally! So she's a Mammy to two beautiful small children, and she's also this amazing stylist/model/social influencer who oozes minimalism - I don't understand how one person can be so happy and goofy and real, yet so cool and collected and stylish all at once. I always smile watching her snaps!

3. @tara_makeup - Tara O' Farrell (Tara Make Up)


Tara Make Up Snapchat


Ok if you're Irish and have even half an interest in beauty, and don't follow Tara O' Farell on snapchat then don't even finish reading this blog just go and do so!! Tonnes of honest tips for beauty buys from a very warm, knowledgeable Dublin based make-up artist and model. Met her at a masterclass recently and was struck by how genuine, funny and honest she was - her make up and skin care secrets (well, not-so-secret!) on snapchat are amazing and the products she recommends won't break the bank and can easily be found all over Ireland.

4. @rosemarymaccabe (Rosemary MacCabe)

Rosemary MacCabe Snapchat


Rosemary macCabe is a journalist, blogger and influencer who does all of the usual stuff that lifestyle heads on snapchat do, but with a witty twist. There are no holds barred with Rosemary who is Dublin based and she'll go from talking about getting her eyebrows done to her views on abortion in a matter of snaps - always with charm and truth so she's my cup of tea! Her foray into 5am Fit Fam type snaps made me really guilty but the snaps of her fab dog CoilΓ©an more than make up for it.

5. @myshiningarmour (Nicki of My Shining Armour)

Nicki My Shining Armour Snapchat


Nicki is Kilkenny based, and is a proper ray of sunshine - always SO alert and positive (alarmingly so...I want what she's having!) she owns the magpie addicts go-to siopa My Shining Armour and her snaps are a mix of life as an entrepreneur and the reality of that, with glimpses of her stunning stock...quirky stationary, jewelry, party decorations all snapped so seamlessly, because before you know it you'rebuying pieces, and buying into Nicki's lovely personal brand to boot. That's how it's done right there!


6. @lcscloset Lorna Ruane (LCS Closet)

LCSCloset Snapchat


Another Irish lady making her way in NYC (I think there should be a documentary on these girls, RTE I'll glaaadly help out should this come to light - if it involves filming on location, naturally!) a Mayo girl, who is as honest as she is chic - who takes us through her days as a marketing exec and fashion blogger living in New York, giving us daily virtual tours, tips, outfit inspo and if you're lucky you might catch a peak of the Empire State building ;) Lorna's friends with the lovely Erika so they make cameos in one another's snaps from time-to-time.

7. @ciaraodoherty (Ciara O' Doherty)

Ciara O Doherty Instagram


Have only recently started following the breath of fresh air Ciara on snapchat but have followed her blog and other social media for years - you might notice Ciara from the likes of Ireland AM fashion slots, she is stylish and HILARIOUS! Love her personality which really comes across on snapchat - lots of travel and foodie snaps, and she also has thee best fashion finds which are affordable - think Adidas crop tops, personalised passport holders, she just inspires way to many buys now that I come to think of it...


8. @anouskapb (Anouska Proetta Brandon)

Anouska Proetta Brandon Instagram


I'm realising that almost all of the snappers on the list are Dublin based, but it makes sense I suppose as they're making a career from it and need to be where the action is- so another lady in the big smoke who is also an internationally famed fashion blogger is the lovely Anouska Proetta Brandon! Been a fan for years of this pioneering and savvy blogger. This girl gives me such wanderlust, has made me so excited for my hols to NYC and Vegas with her roadtrip snaps - soon enough you'll want a cat, be wearing head to toe monochrome and all of a sudden start saving hard for a designer handbag - Anouska is a trend-setter pure and simple and really sweet to match!

9. @hautesofabulous Rebecca O' Byrne (Haute So Fabulous)

Haute So Fabulous Snapchat


Last but certainly not least, in fact one of my very favourites on snapchat is Rebecca from Haute So Fabulous. This Dublin based blogger is very inspirational, documenting her glamorous world of high fashion shopping, decadent coffee's, strolls round pretty cities and jet setting but in way that's very grounded (does that make any sense?!) positive, grateful and fun and so sophisticated-ly put together, it's like if a young Audrey Hepburn had snapchat! Lot's of motivational and magical quotes sprinkled around too!

Now I'm off to have a cup of white tea, and catch up with all of the above!

Marie xx




1 comment: