Wednesday 2 July 2014

Fade in to… Wedding Belle's.

So two of my favourite iconic women tied the knot this week, one I love for her flawless fashion and sartorial luxury lifestyle and the other I adore and respect for her successful comedy career and Irish charm.


Both got married in recent days and while one of these ladies sadly shocked me, the other majorly impressed me. Not necessarily in the order I would have imagined…








Bride number one: Republic of Telly hero, the mad, razor sharp, dead pan comedic force that is Jennifer Maguire married long term partner Lau Zamparelli at an intimate ceremony in Castle Leslie. I love Jennifer, her wit and how she holds her own in a male dominated industry, but while she has always had enviable style, I’ll admit I hadn’t remembered to bate my breath for the wedding photos. But when I saw them… Looking at Jennifer and Lau’s wedding photos gave me genuine shivers, she looked incredible! A boho fairytale princess, not only did the few pictures that I’ve seen from the day expertly display her exquisite bridal look, the couple truly looked so serene and content. Maguire wore a stunning hippy princess-vintage inspired pearl head-piece and her dress was designed by Kathy D’Stafford. Jennifer finished the beautiful outfit with a pair of Jimmy Choo sandals…as you do. 
Stunn-ing.




Dress by Kathy D’Stafford






Romantic laid back-luxe theme.






Bride number two: Olivia Palermo wed model fiance Johannes Huebl in a secret ceremony in New York last weekend. The immaculate trend setter, who rarely puts a foot wrong in the style stakes, underwhelmed the masses by wearing what can only be described by me as Alexa Chung meets Katie Holmes – Chic, yes. Unique, yes. Tasteful, yes. Expensive, yes. Amazing, no.  The society starlet wore a cashmere sweater over little white shorts, a tulle lace trim skirt, with natural make-up and her hair in a low slung, wavy pony tail. Palermo completed the look with a pair of royal blue Manolo Blahniks – very Carrie Bradshaw. That I approve. The understated outfit was created by American designer, Carolina Herrera. Palermo stated in the past she wasn’t a fan of the big white wedding thing, so I suppose each to their own. I wouldn’t complain if I had a fraction of her beauty, style and poise …and although she failed to impress me this time, I doubt that was ever her intention.




Colour pop with Monolo Blahniks


The handsome newlyweds. 






Marie x


Photo Creds:
 Alex Hutchinson and Harris PR
Juan Patino/OliviaPalemo.com















No comments:

Post a Comment